As part of a new sustainability and healthy eating options we will be rolling out over the coming weeks. From Friday, 31st January, 2014, we are launching a low carbon dish option at each lunch and dinner service for standard dining hall meal services.
What is a low carbon meal?
The lowest carbon foot print is local seasonal vegetables, cereals and fruit, grains and pulses.
A low carbon meal will:
• Never contain red meat, other than local game.
• Never contain hard cheeses.
• Never contain frozen produce or has been stored chilled for long periods of time.
• Where feasible contain seasonal fruit and vegetables/limited hothouse-grown produce.
• Not contain or contain very limited amounts of air-freighted goods.
These dishes will be notated on the menu with a blue footprint next to the low carbon dish.